Welcome to Oasis Salon!
Oasis Salon was established in 2003 as a haircolor salon and is dedicated to enhancing the beauty of our clients through quality services and products. We are conveniently located at 23861 Sprague Rd., next to Barbarino's at the Lindberg intersection, bordering the communities of Columbia Station, Olmsted Falls, Berea, and Strongsville. Meet our team of stylists....
Top Five Tips For Taming Frizzy Hair
I hope you are having a great summer and enjoying the warm weather. With the warm humid weather comes frizzy hair. This month’s tip will help you tame the frizzies. But first, what are frizzies and how do you get them? Frizzies are caused by individual hairs that are a bit shorter than the rest of the hair. Each month, our hair sheds and regrows and the new hair has to catch up with the older hair. Our hair also breaks off from over processing, heat styling, or just plain pulling on it. Fortunately, we can control our hair.
1. Ask your stylist for a Power Shot Repair Treatment. Power Shots take only 3 minutes and are available for smoothing, color, protein, moisture, and control. Your stylist can custom mix your shot based on your hair type. My favorite: Redken Chemistry Shot.
2. Shampoo & condition your hair with the right product for your hair type. Ask your stylist what is best for you. The wrong choices will make hair frizzier. For example, if you have curly hair and want to wear it curly, but controlled, I recommend Redken Fresh Curls or Smooth Down, or Pureology Super Smooth, depending on your hair texture.
3. When blow-drying, make sure your hair is completely dry. Any dampness left in the hair will cause it to swell; hence making the frizzies stand out.
4. Use the styling products recommended by your stylist. Why? We know our products inside & out and know exactly how they perform on a variety of hair textures. We have no idea how a drug store product will perform, since we don’t use them. Some of our favorite frizz-tamers include: Redken Glass Smoothing Serum, Outshine Anti-Frizz Polishing Milk, Pureology Precious Oil or Cuticle Polisher. These can be mixed or layered with either a curl enhancing or smoothing gel or cream.
5. Avoid mousse or foam. Mousses & foams swell the hair to increase body and cause the frizzies to stand out. If you need body, my favorite is Aerate Bodifying Cream Mousse by Redken. It fuses the volumizing benefits of a mousse and the conditioning properties of a cream to create an aerated texture for extreme volume.
6. (I know, I said five, but there is so much to share) Use a curling iron or flat-iron to finish hair. Don’t forget to use a thermal protective product to provide a barrier and avoid breakage. Try Redken Satinwear Blow-dry Lotion or Pureology Fortifying Heat Spray.
Natural curl or texture is the hardest to control. I recommend a Keratin Smoothing Treatment. This awesome treatment smooths curl & frizz by infusing keratin into the hair. Keratin is what your hair is made of, so there is no damage and it can be used on highlighted hair. The process takes about 2 hrs. and lasts 3-4 months. BTW: Ours does NOT contain Formaldehyde or derivatives.